If the picture skips or freezes when playing a movie with the home theater system, follow the steps below.
- When playing a disc in the Blu-ray Disc® player, there may be a problem with the disc or the unit may need an update.
- Remove the disc from the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Examine the disc for fingerprints, smudges, or scratches.
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the disc.
- Re-insert the disc into the Blu-ray Disc player and begin playback.
- If the issue still occurs, check to see if there are any firmware updates for the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Attempt to play different discs on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If the issue only occurs with the one disc, then the disc may be faulty.
- If the issue occurs with all discs, then service may be required.
- If you are playing back a DivX HD content or any high bit rate files, we recommend using DVD or USB media. Using a DVD or USB media for high bit rate content will eliminate the freezing issue when playing back the movie.
- Perform a factory reset .
- Additional information is available if freezing or rebuffering occurs when watching Internet videos.
- When whole system freezes, perform power reset.
- Unplug the power cord of the Blu-ray Disc player from the electrical outlet.
- Let the player remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
If the picture still skips or freezes after performing the steps above, service may be required.Go to Product Repair.