The disc tray doesn't eject when I press the OPEN/CLOSE button
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Make sure to turn on your Blu-ray Disc™ player to open the disc tray. If it is off, the OPEN/CLOSE button won't function.
- The disc tray won't open if a disc is loading. This is normal operation.
- Make sure the disc tray isn't locked. If it is, unlock the disc tray.
- Perform a power reset.
- Press and hold the POWER button for ten seconds until the Blu-ray Disc player turns off.
- After the Blu-ray Disc player turns off, press the POWER button again to turn it back on.
- Press the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player to open the disc tray.
- If the disc tray still won't open and a disc is stuck inside, follow these steps to force the disc tray to eject.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Turn the Blu-ray Disc player back on.
- Immediately after POWER ON appears on the display, press the STOP button on the front of the player.
- Only use the STOP button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player. The remote control won't work for this operation.
- The disc tray should eject and the Blu-ray Disc player will turn off. If it doesn't eject, repeat steps above.
- It may be necessary to press the STOP button in the third step two or three times.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.