Dear Valued Sony® DVD Handycam® Camcorder Customer:
We wanted to remind customers that playback of video recorded with DVD Handycam Camcorders cannot be guaranteed on all home DVD players, computer DVD drives, and PlayStation 2 consoles. Some players, drives, and video game consoles lack the ability to read due to the optical reflection standard of DVD+-R/RW 8cm discs and/or due to encoding incompatibilities.
Sony has identified a specific compatibility issue to which we want to alert customers. It affects the playback of content recorded on DVD+RW 8cm discs using the following Sony DVD Handycam Camcorders:
We have identified certain Sony products that cannot play back content recorded on this DVD+RW media. Other non-Sony branded playback devices may be affected as well. Please check with your device manufacturer for any incompatibility issues.
Sony Products Affected:
- DVD Recorders:
- DVD Players:
- All models released before 2000
- VAIO® Computers and Peripherals
- All models released before May, 2004 (except the PCGA-DDRW1)
There are two options available to play back content recorded on DVD+RW discs in the above-listed Sony products. These options are as follows:
- Connect the Sony DVD Handycam Camcorder directly to the television and use it as the playback device.
- If you have a personal computer, rewrite the recorded content to a DVD-RW disc using the Picture Package software supplied with the camcorder. NOTE: This software is not available or supplied with the DCR-DVD92.
- If your DVD playback device cannot recognize DVD+RW 8cm discs, we recommend that you attempt to record using DVD-RW 8cm discs in the future.
Sony is making this announcement as part of our ongoing commitment to maintain excellent product quality and service. Thank you.
Sony Electronics Inc.