A DVD-R, DVD+R, or DVDRW disc will not play.
Follow this procedure if a DVD-R, DVD+R, or DVDRW disc will not play.
- In order to play a DVD-R, DVD+R, or DVDRW disc, a DVD player must be compatible with those recording formats.
- Ensure that the recording speed used to create the disc is supported by the DVD player.
- This procedure assumes that the DVD-R, DVD+R, or DVDRW disc being used is not blank.
- If additional model specific information is required to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions provided with the player or recorder, or the help files of the computer software used to create the disc.
- Ensure that the disc has been inserted into the player correctly.
- Examine the DVD for fingerprints, smudges, or scratches and, if necessary, clean the disc using a soft dry cloth.
- Ensure the disc has been properly created and finalized.
- Ensure the DVD region code and format of the disc is compatible with the player.
- Ensure the disc playback is not being restricted by parental control options.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, the disc itself may be defective.