IMPORTANT: Not all Blu-ray Disc® players, Blu-ray Disc Home Theater systems and Network Media Players have USB capabilities. To see if your Sony® product has the USB function described in this solution, check the specifications, which are available online. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure that the USB drive is fully inserted into the USB input of the player.
- Make sure that the file being used is one of the supported file types. A list of the supported file types is available in the operations guide.
- Attempt to play a different file.
- If other files play, there may be an issue with the file itself. Try removing the file from the USB drive and saving a new copy.
IMPORTANT: If the file being used is corrupted or was recorded using an unsupported codec, the player will not be able to play the file.
- Try using a different USB drive, format the current Flash drive with the right format (such as FAT32) then paste, or save the supported file again.
- If other files do not play, perform a reset.
- Using the supplied remote control, press the Home or Menu button.
- Select Resetting.
- Select OK to reset the player back to factory settings.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.