The internet connection appears as Failed while the wireless network router setting appears OK
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The internet connection for your Blu-ray Disc™ player appears as Failed when connected to your wireless network and the setting from the router appears as OK. This usually indicates an issue with the internet connection. not the player. Use the following information to help resolve this issue.
Before You Start
- Not all Blu-ray Disc players support wireless connectivity. Check your manual for model-specific information.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- For information necessary to make changes to your modem or router, contact your internet provider or the device manufacturer.
- Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue. After completing each step, check the connection status, and if necessary, perform the wireless network setup for your device again.
Power reset your modem/router
Internet connection issues are often resolved after performing a power reset. If you have a separate modem and router, power reset both devices.
- Unplug the power cable to your modem/router and wait about 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to your modem/router and make sure it's turned on.
- Wait until the device is finished making it's connection to the internet and your network.
- Check your internet connection.
Check wired connections
Check all wired connections going to your wireless router. When using a separate modem and router, check the connections between the two devices.
- Check the cable or phone line (DSL) connections between your modem/router and the internet service to your home/building.
- Check the cable connection between your modem and router (where applicable).
- Make sure the cable is connected to the correct port to the router from the modem (where applicable).
- Try a different network cable between the modem and router (where applicable). It's possible that your cable has failed.
For additional help with cable or phone line (DSL) connections, contact your internet service provider (ISP).
- Make sure your connected to your network and your password is correct.
- Check if your other devices (computer, tablet, smartphone, game console) will connect to your network and the internet. If other devices also fail to connect, contact your internet service provider (ISP) for support.
- Make sure your Blu-ray Disc player has the most recent firmware installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.