IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the media player remote control is unresponsive or doesn't work, follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Disconnect the AC power cord from the media player.
- Remove the batteries from the remote control and press any of the buttons on the keypad to discharge any stored current.
- If possible, test the batteries to make sure both have sufficient charge or replace the batteries with new ones.
- Reinsert the batteries properly in the remote control.
- Make sure to match the polarity with the + (PLUS) and - (MINUS) symbols on the battery compartment.
- Reconnect the power cord to the media player.
- Try to use the keypad remote control to turn on and operate the Internet TV device.
- If the remote control still doesn't work, use a ball-point pen to press the CONNECT button at the bottom of the internet TV device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to re-pair the remote control with the internet TV device.
- If pairing is unsuccessful, press the CONNECT button to cancel the pairing process.
- Connect a USB keyboard and mouse to the media box.
- Use a keyboard and mouse and make sure to update the device firmware. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- If the remote still won't work, follow the steps below to check Auto lock in the Demo settings:
- On the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
- Select All Apps → Settings → Unit settings → Demo mode.
- You can only see Auto-lock in Demo settings if Demo mode is set to On. If Auto-lock is set to On, change it to Off within the time of reset timing. Then, try pairing again.