IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow the steps below if your TV, Blu-ray Disc™ player, Home Theater, or Sound bar displayes an Error: Internet Access Failed message. Check the network status on the device after completing each step.
- Use a computer to verify that that your modem or router is connected to the internet.
- Check the IP address of your device. If the IP address isn't shown, power reset your device and your network equipment such as the cable modem and router by unplugging the power cords for 30 seconds.
- If the IP address flashes or starts with 169, manually set the IP address.
- Update your device to the latest software.
- If the error still occurs, reset the device to its factory settings. Check your manual for model-specific information .
- Dial-up internet service isn't supported.
- Proxy connections aren't supported.
- Networks that require a log in for authentication such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a PPoE aren't supported.
- Firewall settings of the router may need to be disabled. Refer to your ISP for further assistance.