Dear valued Sony® VAIO® customers,
A security vulnerability has been identified in the firmware of Infineon's TPM (security chip) installed in some SVP112 series and SVP132 series VAIO computers.
For more details please visit the Infineon information page.
We are working with Infineon to prepare a firmware update to address this issue. Please check this page periodically for more information.
The following models may be affected. Even if you have one of the listed models, your computer may not have an Infineon TPM chip installed. Please see the next section to verify if your computer is affected.
Note: Not all models are sold in all countries/regions.
Verify if Your Computer is Affected
- Open the Run dialog using one of these methods:
- Hold down the Windows key and press the R key.
- Click the Start button, type Run in the search box, and then click Run under Programs.
- In the Run dialog box, type tpm.msc, and then click OK.
- There are three possible results:
- If the message Compatible TPM cannot be found is displayed, your computer is not affected.
- If the Manufacturer Version listed is 4.31 or 4.32, your computer is affected. Please check this page periodically for more information.
- If the Manufacturer Version listed is not 4.31 or 4.32, your computer is not affected.