Follow these steps to troubleshoot printer problems.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Contact the printer manufacturer to obtain and install the appropriate updated drivers for the printer.
- If the issue occurs after a software update, contact the printer manufacturer for detailed assistance.
- Before beginning this procedure, download and install all available VAIO computer driver, system and application updates.
- Verify that the printer is connected correctly to the computer.
- Verify the printer is correctly installed .
- Perform a printer self-test.
- Verify that the printer is turned on.
- If using a wired printer, verify that the printer cable being used is compatible with the printer.
NOTE: Cable compatibility information should be provided by the printer manufacturer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices that are connected to the same port used by the printer.
- Make sure the Print Spooler service is started and set to Automatic .
- Use the Troubleshooter to automatically find and fix printer issues.
- Use the System Restore utility to restore the computer to a point when the printer last worked correctly.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, contact the printer manufacturer for advanced customer service.