IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps to delete all of the restore points in the System Restore feature.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
- In the System and Security window, click System.
- In the System window, on the left side of the screen under Control Panel Home, click System Protection.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the System Properties window, on the System Protection tab, in the Protection settings section, click to select the drive you wish to configure, and then click the Configure button.
- In the System Protection for [the selected drive] window, to delete all existing restore points, click the Delete button.
- In the System Protection warning window, read the warning and then click either the Continue or Cancel button.
- At the System Protection prompt, click OK.
- In the System Properties window, click OK button.
- In the System window, click the X in upper-right corner to close the window.