Where to obtain an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) cable to connect a digital device to a computer.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Depending on the i.LINK (IEEE 1394) ports available on the computer and digital device being connected, either a 4-pin to 4-pin cable, 4-pin to 6-pin cable or 4-pin to 9-pin cable will be needed.  Go to Parts and Accessories.
The part numbers are as follows:
- The Sony 4-pin to 4-pin cable is part number VMC-IL4415.
- The Sony 4-pin to 6-pin cable is part number VMC-IL4615.
Sony does not make a 9-4 pin i.LINK cable, but you can normally purchase these cables from online electronics retail web sites such as Apple Store® or a local electronics retail store.
- Refer to the specific product manuals to determine the i.LINK cable most appropriate for the connection.
- Sony is not able to provide compatibility information for third-party parts or accessories.
- The 4-pin i.LINK cables do not have power and require the connected device to have independent power sources. 6-pin i.LINK cables have two extra wires and can provide power from a computer to a connected device.
- All Sony digital camcorders have a 4-pin i.LINK connection.
- The i.LINK technology will operate at the speed of the slowest connected device.