You may notice that the Internet Explorer Web browser will not open, closes immediately, or will stop responding unexpectedly. This may occur if the browser has become unstable. This issue may be resolved by resetting the Internet Explorer settings.
Follow these steps to reset the Internet Explorer settings.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Network and Internet Connections icon.
- In the Network and Internet Connections window, click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab in the Internet Properties windows.
- Click on the Resetbutton.
NOTE: This will delete all temporary files, disables browser add-ons, and resets all the changed settings. You should only use this if your browser is in an unusable state.