IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This information is provided for using the Windows® 7 diagnose and repair tool to diagnose problems with a WLAN or Wi-Fi® connection on your VAIO® computer.
- Click the Start button, then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, under Change your networking settings, click Troubleshoot problems.
- In the Troubleshoot problems - Network and Internet window, under Network, click Network Adapter.
- In the Network Adapter window, click the Next button.
- In the Select the network adapter to diagnose window, click to select Wireless Network Connection and then click the Next button.
Note: If the Wireless Network Connection option does not appear, the driver for the wireless LAN adapter may not be working. You can download the wireless LAN driver for your VAIO computer online.
- If the troubleshooter identifies a problem, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.
Note: In the example image below, the troubleshooter identified that the physical wireless switch was turned off.
- When finished, close the Network Adapter window.