Follow this procedure to perform a Custom Recovery using the Recovery Media Kit.
IMPORTANT: A custom recovery is only available when starting the computer using the Recovery Media Kit.
- In the VAIO Recovery Wizard window, under Recovery Options , click to select the Custom Recovery (for Advanced Users) option.
- Click the Next button.
- Under Custom Recovery Options , click to select the desired option to continue with a system recovery:
- Complete Recovery with the Recovery Drive (Recommended)
- Complete Recovery without the Recovery Drive
IMPORTANT: Maintaining a Recovery Drive on the computer is strongly recommended.
- A Complete Recovery with the Recovery Drive will return the computer to its original, factory-installed state, including installation of the recovery partition. Each partition is set to the default size.
- A Complete Recovery without the Recovery Drive recovers the (C:) drive and removes the recovery partition. The entire capacity of the hard disk is devoted to the (C:) drive.