How to use the Normal Data Rescue option.
- Connect the external hard disk drive to the computer.
- In the Rescue Data window, click the Yes button.
- In the Preparing Hard Disk Drive to Save Rescue Data window, click the Next button.
- The window will display the total size of the backup files and also, the free space required on the external hard disk drive.
- The external hard disk drive must have enough free space available to store the entire data backup.
- If a message is displayed indicating the external hard disk drive cannot be detected, try disconnecting and reconnecting the external hard drive or try a different external hard drive.
- If a message is displayed indicating there is not enough free space, use a different external hard drive with enough free space or connect the external hard drive to another computer and remove files until there is enough free space. Alternatively, there is an option in the Custom Data Rescue procedure that allows you too remove files from the external hard drive.
- A Writing Data window is displayed which indicates the progress of the data backup.
- When the data rescue is complete, in the Rescue Data window, click the OK button.
- In the Data Rescue Completed window, click the Next button.
NOTE: To view specific information about each file that was backed up, in the Data Rescue Completed window, click to select the drive from the list and then click the Details... button. An example of the Details windows is displayed below:
- In the Rescue Data window, click the Exit button and the computer will reboot.
When you are ready to restore the data, use the VAIO Restore Data Tool .