Follow these steps to identify if a Startup or System Services item is causing an error:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type MSCONFIG, and then press the Enter key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager.
- Select each item and click Disable.
NOTE: You cannot disable all of the items at once. You must click on each item and then click Disable.
- In the System Configuration dialog box, click OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, try to recreate the issue.
- Repeat steps 1-5, this time enable each of the items listed on the Startup tab.
NOTE: Repeat this process until the issue reoccurs, or until all the boxes on the Startup tab are selected.
- If the problem reoccurs, the last item selected is the cause of the issue. Disable that item on the Startup tab. If the issue has not reoccurred after all the boxes on the Startup tab have been selected, repeat the same procedure on the Services tab
- Click on the Services tab, then click Disable all.
NOTE: The Services tab has the option to Disable all.
- When the problem reoccurs, the last item selected is the cause of the issue. Disable that item on the Services tab.
NOTE: Contact the manufacturer of the program that added or edited the item for additional assistance with the product.