The Bing application allows users to quickly find content on the Internet by providing the following features:
- Auto suggest
- Search results
- Fluid navigation using tap and swipe
- Fast scrolling
- Horizontal list of results
- Instant search
IMPORTANT: The Bing application is unique to the new Windows® User Interface (UI) in the Windows 8 and 8.1 operating systems, and cannot be found and will not work with any of the previous Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, XP etc.).
Follow these steps to use the Bing application.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen and click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Win + F key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, click the Apps category, and then click the Bing icon.
- In the Bing screen, type a search phase and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: Notice that as you type a search phase, a suggestion box appears.
- In the Bing Search Results screen, select the desired website.
- The Start screen version of the Internet Explorer browser will open and navigate to the selected website.