Follow this procedure to remove a user account.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. If an account is deleted with the Deleting files option, all Cookies, Favorites, My Documents, Desktop files, and other user specific data will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
NOTE: If only one user account was created on the system, and this account needs to be deleted, create a new account in Safe Mode, log in under the newly created user account, then delete the desired user account.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel .
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category , double-click the User Accounts icon.
- In the User Accounts window, click to select the desired user account to delete.
- Click the Delete the account button.
- Click the Keep files or Delete Files button.
- Click the Delete user account button.
IMPORTANT: The Guest account cannot be deleted from the user account information. The Guest account can only be set to on or off.