Enable the Wake-on-LAN Feature
The computer won't wake up if it's turned off. The wake-on-LAN feature will only work if the computer is on Sleep or Hibernate mode. There's no way to disable this feature in BIOS.
- On your computer's desktop, click the Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Devices and Printers, click Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Network adapters.
- Under the Network adapters, double click the Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter.
- In the Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab, in the Property section, scroll down and click to select Wake On Settings.
- In the Value section, click to select Wake on Magic Packet.
- In the Property section, scroll down and click to select Wake On Link Settings.
In the Value section, click to select Forced.
- Click on the Power Management tab, and make sure that the Allow this device to wake the computer is checked.
Click the OK button.