How to remove the log in password.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The log in password can be removed by logging in as the Administrator in Safe Mode, then changing the account password.
IMPORTANT: If the Administrator password is not known, Sony® support cannot provide the password nor instructions on how to modify it. A format and recovery procedure using the appropriate recovery media is the only option. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer for model-specific information required to complete a format and recovery procedure. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode.
- On the taskbar, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the User Accounts icon.
- In the User Accounts window, under or pick an account to change, click the desired account.
- In the What do you... window, click the Remove the password option
- In the Are you sure... window, click the Remove Password button.