Follow these steps to create a Local User account on the computer.
NOTE: In order to take advantage of the Microsoft SkyDrive cloud storage product integration with several of the new Windows Store apps and other capabilities, Microsoft would prefer that you sign into your computer with a Microsoft account, also known as Windows Live ID.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click the Users tab.
- On the Users tab, click Add a user.
- In the Add a user screen, click Sign in without a Microsoft account.
- In the next screen, click to select Local account.
- Enter the desired account User name, Password and Password hint, then click the Next button.
- Once the Local account has been successfully created, click the Finish button.