The Biometric sensor and the Upek Protector Suite software do not work properly.
When the Biometric sensor and the Upek® Protector Suite™ software do not work properly, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Clean the sensor and wipe your hands.
NOTE: Fingers that are peeling, or that have been otherwise scarred since registration, may not scan properly.
- Ensure the fingers that are currently being used were previously enrolled in the application.
NOTE: Registering more than one finger is recommended.
- Review the Fingerprint Tutorial available on the All Programs menu to ensure that fingers are being swiped properly.
- Position the first joint of the finger to be used above the sensor.
- Maintain finger contact with the sensor while sliding the finger towards you in a straight line.
- Make sure to keep the finger in a flat position.
- Observe any error messages displayed by the software to indicate the cause for an incorrect swipe, such as the finger movement being too fast or skewed.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All data, including all fingerprint scans, will be lost if the software is uninstalled without selecting the Leave Protector Suite data for later use option.
- Uninstall the Upek Protector Suite software and reinstall it.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- The VAIO Recovery application can also be used to reinstall the software.
- When reinstalling the software using the VAIO Recovery wizard, it may be listed as Fingerprint Protector Suite.
- When uninstalling the software, under Uninstallation Warning, click to select the Leave Protector Suite data for later use option.
- If the software does not reinstall properly, another procedure is available.