IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The error An error happened during image creation! There may be a problem in recovery area may be displayed when creating the VAIO® Recovery Media Kit. Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the issue.
IMPORTANT: Ensure to remove any third-party hardware that has been installed.
- Ensure the media being used is appropriate for the type of drive installed.
NOTE: Rewritable media cannot be used to create the VAIO Recovery Media Kit.
- Reset the BIOS defaults .
- Attempt the creation process again.
- If another copy of the VAIO Recovery Media Kit was successfully created on a previous occasion, use that copy to perform a system recovery .
- If the error reoccurs and another copy of the VAIO Recovery Media Kit is not available, please contact Best Buy for VAIO PC repair and recovery options at 1-800-433-5778.
- Due to contractual agreements, we are no longer able to sell the original Recovery Media discs for computers that ship with any operating system released prior to the Windows 7 operating system.