There are various circumstances that may interfere with and prevent software updates from being downloaded properly from the Sony® Support website. Connection and server errors can be caused by certain web browsers, anti-virus software, or network and firewall security settings, preventing software downloads.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, attempt to download the desired update after completing each step.
- Clear the cache of the web browser.
IMPORTANT: Due to the many web browsers on the market, the procedure to clear the cache will differ depending on the web browser being used. Consult the Help section of your Web browser for specific information about clearing the cache.
- Ensure any network and firewall security settings are configured to allow file downloading.
IMPORTANT: Reducing the security level of the web browser is not recommended.
- Reset the web browser default settings.
IMPORTANT: Due to the many web browsers on the market, the procedure to reset the browser default settings will differ depending on the web browser being used. Consult the Help section of your web browser for specific information about resetting default settings.
- If clicking a download link in an e-mail from Sony Support, do the following:
- Copy the complete URL from the e-mail.
- Paste the URL into the Address field in the Web browser.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Go to http://esupport.sony.com using a different web browser program such as the browser that came preinstalled on your computer.
- If available, use a different web browser program.
- An anti-virus program may be configured to auto scan files during the download process; for best results, configure the program to complete the download first and scan the file afterwards.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, the download may have timed out due to increased traffic on the website. Try accessing the site at a later time.