Follow these steps to access the BIOS on your VAIO® computer:
WARNING! Other than resetting the BIOS to the default values, making changes to the BIOS is an advanced procedure that can produce unintended results if not done properly. For instance, if you set a Machine Password and later forget that password, it will require advanced technical support, and possibly service, to regain access to the computer.
- With the computer turned completely off, press and hold the Assist button until the black VAIO screen appears.
- The location of the Assist button will be different depending on the computer model. Check your manual for model-specific information.
- In the VAIO Care (Rescue Mode) screen, click the Start BIOS setup option.
- In the Setup Utility screen, use the Arrow keys to navigate through the various setup screens and options, and use the Enter key to select different screens and options.
- IMPORTANT: To reset the computer BIOS to the original default values, press the F9 key and then save the changes and exit.
Depending on the BIOS version installed on your computer, it may be possible to use the mouse or touchpad to navigate and select within the BIOS Setup Utility screen.
- After all the desired changes have been made, press the ESC key until the Exit menu is displayed.
- On the Exit menu, press the Down Arrow key until the desired exit option is highlighted, and then press the Enter key.