Follow these steps to set or change the time and date.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
IMPORTANT: This procedure requires the user to be logged in as Administrator or as a user name with Administrator rights.
NOTE: If the computer is connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) network, the date and time may be synchronized with a network server. If this is the case, contact the technology department for information on setting the computer to the correct time and date.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Date, Time, Language and Regional Properties icon.
- In the Date, Time, Language and Regional Properties window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the Date and Time icon.
- In the Date and Time Properties window, in the Date box, click the month down arrow, then click to select the correct month.
- Click to select the year, then click the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select the correct year.
- On the calendar, click to select the correct day of the month.
- In the Time box, double-click the hours, then click the up arrow or down arrow to select the correct hour.
- Double-click the minutes, then use the up arrow and down arrow to select the correct minute.
- Double-click the AM or PM, then click the up arrow or down arrow to select the appropriate time of day.
- Click the Time Zone tab.
- On the Time Zone tab, click the zone down arrow, then click to select the correct time zone.
- Click the OK button.