Due to popular demand Sony is offering Microsoft® Windows® XP® compatible drivers and utilities for VAIO® computers that originally shipped with the Windows Vista® operating system. These files are intended to provide basic system functionality under Windows XP operating system.
Please check the VGN-TZ170C Software / Drivers page for available Windows XP compatible drivers.
Because these computers are optimized for use with Windows Vista operating system, some functionality will be lost under Windows XP operating system.
The following applications and utilities may experience functional limitations:
- Hot Keys: Some function keys may not work correctly.
- Special Buttons
- VAIO Power Management: Since the camera driver is not Windows XP WHQL certified, the battery life may be shorter than is normal.
- Battery Care: Since the camera driver is not Windows XP WHQL certified, the battery life may be shorter than is normal.
- Battery Checker: Since the camera driver is not Windows XP WHQL certified, the battery life may be shorter than is normal.
- Bluetooth: BroadCom® Bluetooth software does not work.
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Wireless Switch Setting
If the computer is equipped with the following devices, they may show a yellow exclamation point in Windows Device Manager.
NOTE: The yellow exclamation point indicates that the driver is installed but did not load successfully.
- Intel® Graphics: It may be necessary to install this driver more than once.
- Wireless WAN: The SmartWi® utility and Driver are not available at this time. Please periodically check the Sony Support Site for additional information.
Sony will support the installation and fundamental performance of these files. Any functionality loss, beyond basic capability, incurred from the installation of these files is the responsibility of the user.