WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. All software applications, configurations, and data to the computer will be erased.
- In the Restore Complete System window, click the Start button.
- Ensure the Skip option is selected, and click the Next button.
IMPORTANT: If you booted the computer using the F10 key, you will not be presented with the following Recovery drive window. Skip to step 4.
WARNING: If you choose NO in the next step, only the Recovery Discs can be used to restore the computer to the original factory configuration in the future. The F10 boot option using the hidden recovery partition cannot be used to recover the computer.
- In the Recovery Drive window, click to select Yes to keep the VAIO bundled software portion of hidden recovery partition, or click No to delete the bundled software.
- In the C: drive size window, click to select Yes to use the default (C:) drive size, or No to manually set the size of the (C:) drive and allocate space for a second (D:) partition and then click the Next button.
NOTE: If Yes is selected, continue with Step 7.
- Under Divide your hard disk's storage space into C and D drives., click the down arrow and then click to select Customized drive size.
- Next to C Drive Size, enter the desired size of the (C:) drive.
NOTE: All remaining space not devoted to the (C:) drive and the Recovery drive is allocated to the (D:) drive.
- Click the Next button.
- In the WARNING: This program deletes all files on your hard disk drive window, click to select the I understand box.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Once you click the Start button, the recovery process starts and cannot be reversed.
- Click the Start button.
- In the Are you sure? window, click the Yes button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the bundled applications have finished installing, in the Recovery process completed window, click the Finish button.
NOTE: The computer will restart automatically and the operating system setup wizard will begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operating system setup wizard.