If the message Drive cannot be found appears on your computer when you conect a camara and try to install the sofware, follow the steps below.
- Check if your camera is compatible with the operating system of your computer.
- This error may indicate that the operating system of your computer may have been upgraded or you may be trying to install the camera software in a multi-boot environment which doesn't guarantee proper installation and operation. The supplied software should only be installed on a computer with a compatible, factory-installed operating system.
There is no special camera driver needed for your camera. The driver the camera uses is built into the operating system. This error message indicates that the driver needed for the camera was not included on your computer. For more information, contact or visit your computer manufacturer's website.
This may also be an indication the computer operating system requires an update. Use the Windows Update utility to install all available updates for the computer operating system.
Import movies using a video camera:
- Using a DVD camcorder:
- The following products cannot be connected to the computer via USB if you are running Windows Vista or later versions: DCR-DVD100/ DVD101/ DVD200/ DVD201/ DVD300
- For information about importing images recorded onto a DVD, refer to the following How to transfer video from the camcorder DVD using the DVD-ROM drive on a computer.
- Using a flash memory camcorder:
- Depending on the product, if you turn on the computer after you connect the camcorder via USB, you may not be able to import images. If this happens, disconnect and then reconnect the cable.