Questions & Answers: 102
- Alpha Camera and lens maintenance tipsHere are some tips to maintain your camera and lenses! How to clean the lens and image sensor of the Sony Cameras What is lens fungus and will it damage my camera lens? How should I store my camera and lenses
- Error: F-- is displayed or the camera doesn't recognize the lens or accessoryYour camera may display error messages when there are problems with the lens or how it is attached. Some of these issues are resolved through some troubleshooting steps if the lens is not damaged. Troubleshooting
- Can I Use a Full Frame E-Mount Lens (aka FE Lens) on a Camera with an APS-C Size Sensor?Yes, you can use an FE lens on an E-Mount camera that has an APS-C sensor. The image in the center of the lens is automatically cropped to the APS-C size, so there are no dark corners surrounding the picture to
- After recording, I hear camera noise during movie playbackYour camera may record various internal operating sounds because of the lens and camera structure. These sounds may become more apparent if you record them in a quiet environment. To minimize the recording of camera
- Can the E-mount lenses be used with other cameras?The E-mount lenses are only designed for cameras that have an E-mount frame. Use with other cameras is not supported or guaranteed. NOTE: APS-C sized E-mount lenses will record APS-C sized images even when attached
- Is an Optional Body Cap and Rear Lens Cap Available for Purchase?You can use the optional ALC-B1EM body cap with your camera. The ALC-R1EM rear lens cap can be used with E-mount lenses.
- Which lenses are compatible with Fast Hybrid AF?For more information about lens compatibility with the Fast Hybrid AF, refer to this website.
- Internal parts rattle when I shake the lens. Is it broken?The internal elements and mechanisms of many lenses are in a free state and can move if the lens isn't attached to the camera or attached but the camera is off. Therefore, when you slightly shake the lens such as
- What accessories or lenses are compatible with my camera or camcorder?Go to your camera's Product page. If you're not sure of the model number, refer to the How to find my model number article. Enter the model name in the search bar of the Support website. Make sure to enter the correct