After recording, I hear camera noise during movie playback
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your camera may record various internal operating sounds because of the lens and camera structure. These sounds may become more apparent if you record them in a quiet environment. To minimize the recording of camera sounds, follow these recommendations:
- If your lens has a zoom lever button, lightly operate the buttons and don't flick or suddenly release it.
- If your lens has a variable power zoom, set the speed to low.
- Avoid touching the area around your camera's internal microphone.
- You can connect an external mic if your camera has an external mic input jack.
- If your camera is equipped with a Multi-interface shoe, an external XLR microphone can be used by attaching an optional XLR-K1M XLR adapter first.
The following tips apply to certain cameras, so refer to your operation manuals to validate.
- If you are using custom keys to use zoom features of a lens, set the zoom speed to low to help minimize operating noise recording.
- When using an external mic, activate the low-cut feature (if available) to help minimize recorded sounds.