TV does not playback videos from a camera or camcorder connected using a USB connection.
Some steps in this answer will refer you to the manual for your product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
IMPORTANT : Some video files may not playback on your TV using the USB connection. This is due to the file format or frame rate used for the video. For example, files recorded in the XAVC S format or those recorded in PS mode (60p/50p) are not compatible with some televisions. Check the manual or specifications of your TV to see what is supported.
If the video format or frame rate of your video is not supported by your TV, try connecting the camera using an HDMI® cable, a component cable, or composite AV cables to view the video on your TV. The cables may not be supplied depending on the model.
If you have confirmed that your TV supports the file format and frame rate of your video for playback using a USB connection, try the following steps:
- From the menu of the camera or camcorder, check the USB settings to make sure they are set as follows:
- USB Connection set to Mass storage.
- USB LUN setting set to Single.
NOTE: The names of these settings may be different on your camera or camcorder. Also, these may not be able to be changed or may not be displayed. Check the manual for your product to see how (or if) these settings can be changed.
Make sure that the camera is connected to the TV correctly.
- Turn the TV on.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB jack on the camera or camcorder and the other end to the USB jack on the TV.
- Turn the camera or camcorder on.
- If a USB Select screen appears, select USB Connect.
- Change the TV to select the USB input to receive the signal from the camera or camcorder.
For Sony® TVs:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control and select your camera or camcorder from the listed USB devices under the Video category. There may be more than one listing for your device if you have both internal storage and removable media such a memory card.
- Select the files or folders to play from the displayed list.
- Control the playback of the video using the TV remote control.
Alternate Connection Methods: If the format or frame rate of your video is not supported by your TV, you can try using one of the connection methods below to connect your camera or camcorder to the TV to playback your videos. You will need to select the correct input on your TV after connecting your device in order to view videos. Use the playback feature of your camera or camcorder to play the videos.
Below is an example of connections between a camera manufactured by Sony and a BRAVIA® television.