Before you start
- If you have a hard disk drive (HDD), tape (Digital8®,8mm, Hi8™), DVD, or miniDVD camcorder, refer to the transfer video to your computer article.
- Depending on your camera, instructions may be different. Refer to your operation manual for details. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Transfer pictures and videos to your Microsoft® Windows® computer
- Turn on your computer.
- Make sure the camcorder has sufficient power.
- Plug the AC adapter into a working wall outlet or make sure the batteries are fully charged.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer with the supplied or built-in USB cable.
- If not already in the camcorder, insert the memory card with your pictures and videos into the card slot.
- Open the LCD screen of the camcorder to turn it on.
- On the LCD screen, touch the Computer or USB Connect option.
- The computer will automatically install the appropriate USB drivers if it's your first time connecting the camcorder to your computer.
- Transfer your pictures and videos to your computer using one of the following methods: