IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
NOTE: Some car stereo receivers do offer compatibility with an Apple® iPhone® mobile digital device. To see if your car stereo offers a connection with an iPhone device, check the supplied manual and specifications.
Below are the portable connection devices compatible with the car stereo:
- USB devices with mass storage class
- Certain Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) devices
- Apple® iPod® portable players
IMPORTANT: For the DSX-S Digital Media Player car stereo receivers: Connecting a cellular or mobile phone to the TUNE TRAY may affect the performance of the car stereo. Use the external USB connector of the car stereo when connecting a cellular phone. If you wish to use your iPhone device on the TUNE TRAY, set it to Airplane mode and connect it using an iPod adaptor.
- There are some mass storage class devices that are not compatible. Refer to the USB compatibility list under your specific model for a list of those verified devices.
- There are some MTP devices that are not compatible. The MTP devices that are compatible need to be switched to the mass storage class setting when connecting to the car stereo. The MTP devices that do not have the ability to switch functions to mass storage class are not compatible.