If the display panel on the car stereo receiver is dim or does not light, the connectors may need to be cleaned or there may be a mode setting that needs to be adjusted. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Press and hold the OFF button for a few seconds.
NOTE: On some models, this will toggle the display on and off.
- Check to see if your car stereo has a dimmer setting, which can disable the display. If the car audio system does have this setting, try adjusting it to the different dimmer settings.
- The car stereo may not function properly if the connectors between the receiver and the front panel are not clean. In order to prevent this, do the following:
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. For safety, before cleaning the connectors, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Do not apply too much force when cleaning the connectors. Otherwise, the connectors may be damaged.
- Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers or any metal device.
- Open the front panel.
- Detach the front panel from the main unit.
- Using a cotton swab lightly dipped, not soaked, in alcohol, clean the connectors on the front of the main unit and on the back of the front panel.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes before reattaching the front panel.
NOTE: Information regarding cleaning the connectors is available in the manual that came with your product.
- Press the RESET button with a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
NOTE: Pressing the RESET button will erase the clock setting and some of the stored contents.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.