There is an echo or a high-pitched noise when using the handsfree function.
If you are hearing an echo or a high-pitched noise sound when using the handsfree function with the Bluetooth® car stereo, this may be a result of feedback caused by using two microphones at the same time:
- one microphone built-in on the cell phone.
- one microphone built-in on the car stereo.
The two microphones will produce feedback due to the sound coming from two opposite sides.
Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the unit. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check for the echo after completing each step.
- Lower the volume of the system to see if there is any change.
- If the surrounding background noise is loud (if a window is opened or if the air conditioner is loud), try to reduce the noise (shut the car window or turn the air conditioner down).
- Try changing the EC/NC mode, if applicable.
- Depending on the functions of your Bluetooth audio system, change the setting of the Mic Gain adjustment. This setting allows you to switch between a HI or LOW volume setting in order to obtain a suitable microphone level.
NOTE: The microphone for the car stereo is normally located on the back of the front panel. Make sure not to cover the microphone with tape or anything else as the handsfree function may not work properly.
- If applicable to your model, turn off the Microphone function on your cell phone.
- For details on cell phone operation, refer to the operating instructions for your cell phone.
- Depending on the cell phone, the handsfree connection may be cut off when call transfer is attempted.
If your cell phone does not offer the ability to turn off the built-in microphone, the call transfer or the handsfree setting, the echo or feedback may be produced on every call. If this happens, try to keep your cell phone as far away from the car stereo as possible.