IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you experience any of the following with the operational buttons on the car stereo, there may be a power issue or a problem with a connected device.
- The buttons work sporadically
- The buttons stop working when audio is playing
- The buttons no longer work at all
Follow these steps to try to resolve the issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions that came supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the buttons after completing each step.
- On the car stereo, turn the power OFF for more than 2 seconds, then turn the power back on.
- If you have a portable device connected to the car stereo, try using the function buttons on the connected device to see if those buttons will work.
- If you are using a Bluetooth® wireless connection, disconnect the Bluetooth connection and then try reconnecting.
- If the buttons still do not work, delete all devices that you have paired with the car stereo.
- Repeat the steps for powering off the car stereo, and then pair all devices once more.
If the steps in this answer do not resolve the issue, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.