Update and software repair
Xperia Companion offers an easy way to install new software updates, but also to perform a software repair – a quick and easy way to solve any performance issues.
- Backup function of Xperia Companion will not be available after December 2023 on any devices. The Backup, Transfer, Browse, Music, and Photo functions will be removed, and Restore function will remain for a certain period. To perform a software update or to backup, transfer, or browse music or photos, use the procedures listed for your model on the support site.
- The software update function of Xperia Companion cannot be used with Xperia smartphones released in May 2022 and after.
- For Xperia smartphones released in May 2022 and after, you will need to configure the data transfer setting in your Xperia smartphone when you connect it to your computer. After connecting it to your computer with a USB cable, find and tap [Settings] > [Device connection] > [USB], and then select [File Transfer] for [Use USB for].
- From June 2020, we will end support for the “iCloud backup” function used for transferring data from iOS phones to Xperia smartphones released before 2018. You can still use “iTunes backup” to transfer data from iOS phones to Xperia smartphones released before 2018.
- On Xperia smartphones released from 2019 onwards, you cannot use Xperia Companion to restore your content. Please use Google Drive to back up and restore your content.