Try the following troubleshooting steps if lines in different colors and shapes appear on the screen of your Xperia® device. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method before trying the next one.
- If there are lines framing areas or objects on the display, make sure that the Developer options feature isn't enabled. If the lines on the display don't resemble the ones in the screenshot, try the following method.
- Restart your device.
- Use safe mode to check if any downloaded applications are causing the problem. Downloaded applications can cause your device to behave unexpectedly or affect its performance. In safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications already installed when you purchased your device. If the device's performance improves in safe mode, one or more of your post-purchase downloaded applications are likely affecting the device negatively. You can exit safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the application or applications you suspect are causing the problem. If the problem is recent and you're not sure which application is causing the problem, you can start by uninstalling the most recently downloaded application.
- Using Xperia Companion, check if a software update is available for your Xperia device. When you update your device, you ensure that the device has optimal performance and the latest enhancements.
- Perform a factory data reset.
Note: Always back up all personal data before performing a factory data reset. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a factory data reset. Content on an external SD® card is kept.
- If there still are lines on the display, contact us.