How do I reinstall an application, music, movie rental or book that I have previously purchased or downloaded?
Because a Google® account is required to access the Play Store, if you have previously purchased or downloaded an application or book, that information is save as part of your Google account. Simply make sure your Google account has been added to the tablet, visit the Google Play Store and locate the application, music, movie rental or book you wish to reinstall.
You will see that rather than a purchase price or Download button, there will be an Installed button. This is because the Google account has remembered that the application, music, movie rental or book had previously been paid for or installed and just needs to be reinstalled. Tap the Installed button to begin the reinstallation process.
As an alternative, follow these steps to visit the Google Play website where you can see and reinstall all previously downloaded titles.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Browser icon.
- In the Browser screen, tap the address bar and use the on-screen keyboard to type http://play.google.com/store, and then tap the Enter key.
- On the Google Play website, tap Sign in.
- On the Google Play website, login using the same Google account that has been added to the tablet .
NOTE: This should also be the Google account that was originally used to download the books or applications. If you login using a different Google account, only books or applications purchased or downloaded using that account will be displayed.
- On the Google Play page, tap the appropriate category of the title you wish to reinstall.
NOTE: The Google Play categories are:
- MY MUSIC
- MY BOOKS
- MY MAGAZINES
- MY MOVIES & TV
- MY ANDROID APPS
- On the [Category Name] page, locate the application you wish to reinstall and tap the Installed button.
- At the CHECKOUT prompt, tap Install.
- The application will begin the download and installation process.
- For books or magazines there will be a Read button instead of a Installed button.
- Repeat the process for all titles you wish to reinstall.