Before you get started using the PS4 Remote Play app with your PS4™ console, there are a few things you need to check and a number of steps you need to follow. Here is a summary of what you have to do:
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest version of the PS4 Remote Play app from Google Play™ on your Xperia® device. The app, however, may not be available in all countries or regions and may not be supported by all networks and service providers in all areas.
- Make sure that the PS4™ console has already been paired with your Xperia® device using the PS4 Remote Play app.
- Make sure that the PS4™ console is in standby mode and that the “available in standby mode” function is enabled.
- Open the PS4 Remote Play app on your Xperia device. If you have followed all the necessary steps, the PS4™ console wakes up automatically.
- Start the game that you want to play.
Below is more detailed information on how to perform some of the steps listed above.
To enable the "available in rest mode" function on the PS4™ console
- Make sure that the PS4™ console has been paired with the Xperia device using the PS4 Remote Play app.
- PS4™: Select Settings → Power Save Settings → Set Function Available in Rest Mode → Enable turing On PS4 from Network.
To open the PS4 Remote Play app
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PS4 Remote Play.
- From the Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PlayStation → Connect to PS4 → PS4 Remote Play.
To start a game
- Make sure that the PS4™ and the Xperia device using the PS4 Remote Play app are paired and connected to the same Wi-Fi® network.
- Make sure that the DUALSHOCK™4 controller is connected to the Xperia device.
- If available, attach the DUALSHOCK™4 controller and your Xperia device to a game control mount accessory.
- If the purchased game that you want to play is a disc package version, insert the disc into the PS4™ console.
- Xperia device: From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon, then find and tap PS4 Remote Play.
- Select the game that you want to play.
1. Almost all PS4™ gaming titles are available in PS4 Remote Play. Look for a Remote Play icon on the back of your game's box, or consult the game's instruction manual for confirmation. Some functions are restricted when you use PS4 Remote Play.