How do I backup and transfer from iOS to Android with Google Drive
- Xperia® smartphones
- iOS® devices (iPhone)
Back up and transfer data from iOS™ to Android™ with Google Drive™
You can use Google Drive to back up content on your iPhone® and iCloud account.
- Photos will back up to Google Photos™.
- Contacts will back up to Google Contacts™.
- Calendar will back up to Google Calendar™.
Before you back up
- Your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network to back up photos and videos
- If you back up multiple times, only new photos will be backed up. It will also overwrite any previous backups for contacts and calendars
- If your photos are organized into albums, those albums will not back up to Google Photos
- Contacts and calendars from third party vendors will not be backed up
To start your backup
- On your iPhone, install and open the Google Drive app.
- In the top left, tap Menu icon.
- At the top, tap Settings icon.
- Tap Backup.
- Tap START BACKUP.
To transfer backed up data to an Xperia® device
- Sign in to your Google account (if you are not already signed in).
- From your home screen, find and tap Settings → Accounts → Add account → Google.
- Sign in using the same account used for backing up data from an iOS device.
- Once signed in, all your backed-up data will be available on your Xperia device.
Turning off iMessage®
- Transfer your SIM card to your iPhone.
- Find and tap Settings → Messages.
- Turn off iMessage, and then go back to Settings.
- Find and tap FaceTime.
- Turn off FaceTime.
No longer have your iPhone?
Follow the steps in the Deregister iMessage article to deregister your phone number.
If the link is no longer active, search for Deregister and turn off iMessage in your web browser.
For Xperia 5 II, Xperia 1 II, Xperia 10 II, Xperia PRO, Xperia 1 III, and Xperia 5 III, Xperia Transfer 2 app is recommended for transferring photos, videos, music, or other files from your old device to your new device. Please find more details; How to transfer data or content from my old iPhone by Xperia Transfer 2?