This information provides the steps to delete (forget) a wireless network from a command prompt in Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 operating system.
- Open a Command Prompt window with administrator rights.
- In the Command Prompt (admin) window:
- To display a list of the networks that you have previously connected to, type netsh wlan show profiles.
- To delete (forget) a previous network, type netsh wlan delete profile [wireless network name], and then press Enter.
- Example: c:\windows\system32>netsh wlan delete profile linksys
- Typing the example command above and pressing the Enter key will return the message Profile "linksys" is deleted from interface Wi-Fi.
- To delete all networks that you've previously connected to, type netsh wlan delete profile *.
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Command Prompt (admin) window.