How to create a password reset disk.
- If you wish to access the Create a password reset disk option, you must switch to using a Local account .
- To complete these steps, you will need removable media such as a USB flash drive or a CD/DVD.
Follow the steps below to create a password reset disk:
- In the new Windows User Interface (UI) Start screen, click the Desktop tile.
- On the Desktop, point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
- In the Settings screen, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Click User Accounts.
- In the left pane, click Create a password reset disk.
NOTE: Follow this solution if the option to create a password reset disk is missing from the User settings .
- In the Forgotten Password Wizard screen, click Next.
- Chose the appropriate media, then click Next.
- Enter the Current user account password.
- The Password Rest Disk will be created, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Verify that the file was saved on the media device.