The living room computer does not turn on or has no power.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot power issues on the computer.
- While following this procedure, note the status of the Power and Hard Drive LED indicators at each step. This will provide additional information for the technician if repair becomes necessary.
- If the power issues prevent you from proceeding with any of these troubleshooting steps, service will be required.  Go to Product Repair.
- If after completing one of these steps the computer returns to operating normally, the issue addressed in the previous step is the likely source of the problem. For example, if you disconnect from a surge protector or power strip and connect directly into a standard AC wall outlet and the computer begins working properly, the surge protector or power strip was causing the problem. Or if you remove a memory module and the computer begins working properly, the memory module was causing the problem and may be defective or not the correct memory module for the computer.
- Disconnect any surge protectors or power strips and connect the power cord directly into a standard, working AC wall outlet.
- Disconnect all external devices that are connected to the computer.
NOTE: These devices include, but are not limited to, a modem, network connection, USB device, printer, or external hard drive.
- Remove any added internal memory that did not come with the computer.
- If removing the added internal memory resolves the issue, check the computer specifications to ensure the memory modules meet the minimum requirements. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the minimum requirements are met, the modules themselves may be defective.  Go to Parts and Accessories.
- Remove and then re-attach the power cord from the back of the computer.
- On the front of the computer, press and hold the power switch for five seconds.
- Remove and then re-attach all cables connected to the computer.
- Connect the power cord to a different AC wall outlet.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.