Follow these steps or watch the video below if your VAIO® notebook computer has no display:
- Press Fn+F5 and the right arrow key to increase the screen brightness.
- Press any key to activate the display.
- Your computer may be in video standby mode.
- Properly plug in your computer to a working wall outlet.
- Make sure the battery has a full charge.
- Disconnect any external display and devices, and remove all PC Cards.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button, or slide and hold the power switch for 30 seconds.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back in.
- Press or slide the power button.
- Press Fn+F7 to cycle between video output modes.
- Reset the BIOS to the default settings.
- Check if the memory modules are correctly inserted.
- Check the manual for instructions on accessing the memory modules.
- Check the LCD screen for damage.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.