How to reinstall bundled applications or original drivers using the VAIO Recovery Wizard.
IMPORTANT: Do not interrupt the power during the recovery process.
- Close all open programs.
- Disconnect all network connections.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices.
NOTE: If the computer uses an external CD/DVD drive and the Recovery Discs will be used, plug in the drive according to the instructions in the VAIO® User Guide.
- From within the VAIO Recovery Wizard application, in the Reinstall Applications or Drivers window, click Next.
- The Reinstall Applications or Drivers window can be reached through the VAIO Recovery Wizard main menu or by selecting the Reinstall Applications or Drivers option on the Start Menu.
- To reinstall applications or drivers directly from the Recovery Discs, insert Recovery Disc #1 into the CD/DVD drive, then in the VAIO Recovery dialog box, click the OK button.
- The Recovery Discs must be used when installing the bundled applications and drivers after installing a retail version of the Windows® XP operating system. The VAIO Recovery Wizard will not be available from the hard drive.
- Under Reinstall Applications or Drivers (Step 1 of 3), on the Applications tab, click to select the box for any applications to be reinstalled.
NOTE: Click to select all the boxes to reinstall all the applications originally bundled with the computer.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- On the Drivers tab, click to select any drivers to be reinstalled.
IMPORTANT: Not all drivers listed can be completely restored in the operating system using this process. Other drivers, when selected for reinstallation, will be saved to the C:\Windows\Drivers folder. Take careful note of which drivers are fully installed by the on-screen instructions provided. Those drivers without any corresponding on-screen information must use the alternative procedure linked below.
- Click the Next button.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for each application and driver selected.
NOTE: If no on-screen instructions are displayed for a particular driver, the reinstallation process is completed using the Update Driver function in Device Manager.
- In the Reinstall Applications or Drivers (Step 3 of 3) window, click the Finish button.