How to change the size, rearrange the location, or arrange the tiles into groups on the Start Menu.
Follow these steps to change the size of a tile, rearrange the location of tiles, or arrange the tiles into groups on the Start Menu.
Change the size of a tile:
- Click the Start button.
- On the Start Menu, right-click the tile you wish to resize and then click to select the desired size (Small, Medium, Wide or Large).
Rearrange the location of tiles:
- On the Start Menu, click and hold the desired tile, and then drag it to another location within the same group, or from one group to another.
- To create a completely new group, click and hold the desired tile, and then drag it to an empty space on the Start Menu.
NOTE: If there is no empty space available, increase the size of the Start Menu to create extra space.
Arrange the tiles into groups:
- On the Start Menu, drag the desired tiles to an empty space.
- Move your mouse cursor to the area just above the group of tiles you just created and click the double-line icon that appears.
- There are already 2 named groups of tiles: Explore Windows and Everyday apps.
- There must be at least one tile in a group in order to name that group.
- If you drag all the tile out of one named group into other groups, that named group will no longer appear.
- In the open title bar, type the name you wish to give the group and press the Enter key.