Follow these steps to downgrade a computer that came with the Windows® 8 operating system pre-installed to the Windows® 7 operating system.
IMPORTANT: You must have a full retail copy of the Windows 7 operating system, with the accompanying Product Key available in order to perform this procedure.
- Perform a backup procedure.
- Download and save all available drivers and updates for your computer.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
IMPORTANT: Because the downgrade procedure will replace the contents of the hard drive, you should save the driver and update executable files to an external hard drive or flash media drive.
- Access the computer BIOS and change the Boot mode setting from UEFI to Legacy.
- Follow the instructions to perform a clean install of the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.
- Install the drivers and updates for your computer from the location in which they were saved in step 2 above.